Measuring for your new blinds couldn’t be simpler. It’s an easy way to save lots of money and takes just minutes; you’ll wish you’d done it sooner! All you have to do is follow our easy, step-by-step guides below. If you run into any problems don’t hesitate to call us on 01332 405657
This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. Measure the full width and height of the recess [the size of the hole if you like] and we will make the appropriate deductions to ensure a perfect fit.
- Measure in 3 places for both the width and the drop, use the smallest measurements
- Don’t make any deductions, we will do that for you to ensure your blind fits perfectly
- Use a metal tape measure, cloth ones can stretch and give you inaccurate measurements
This is the measurement you need to take if you want the blind to hang outside the recess overlapping the window. In this case we will make the blind to your specified size with no deductions.
- Measure the exact width of the area you would like the blind to overlap. To minimize light leakage we recommend that the blind overlaps the window recess by at least 70mm at the top and 50mm each side
- The overlap at the bottom of the blind is a matter of personal choice but please take into account obstacles such as radiators
- If you are replacing an existing blind with one of the same size simply measure the blind and specify exact fitting, we will make you one the same size
Top Tip: Measuring for your roller blind is slightly different because the overall width of the blind including the brackets is approx.
3.5cm wider than the fabric. With this in mind you can choose to measure from where the brackets will sit (‘bracket to bracket’) or the area the fabric will cover (‘fabric width’).
We also cover the whole of the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Burton-on-Trent areas.